- PRELIMINARY REMARKS
Whether you are a customer, interested person, applicant or visitor of our website: We, Groz-Beckert KG (hereafter referred to as "Groz-Beckert", "we") care about the protection of your personal data. What does this mean in detail?
In the following we give you an overview of the personal data we collect about you and how we process this data. Moreover, you will get an overview of your rights based on the applicable data protection act. And we will name the persons you can contact if you have questions.
- WHO ARE WE?
Groz-Beckert is the world's leading provider of industrial machine needles, precision parts and fine tools, as well as systems and services for the production and joining of textile fabrics based in Albstadt.
Our group of companies includes the headquarters in Albstadt as well as production sites in Germany, Belgium, Czech Republic, Portugal, USA, India, China and Vietnam as well as numerous sales affiliates and distribution partners worldwide.
Being responsible for the compliance with the applicable data privacy act, we,
Phone: +49 7431 10-0
Fax: +49 4731 10-2777
take all measures required by the applicable data privacy act, to guarantee the privacy of your personal data.
Data Protection Officer
- SCOPE OF APPLICATION OF THIS DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
With the processing of personal data the customer refers to the collection, recording, organization, sorting, saving, adjustment or changing, analysis, use, sharing by transfer, distribution or any other form of provision, synchronization or linking, filtering, deletion or destruction of personal data.
Personal data is all information with reference to an identified or identifiable natural person. This data privacy statement is about personal data of customers, interested persons, applicants or visitors.
This data privacy statement applies both to our website www.Groz-Beckert.com, our Customer Portals, the Career Portal and the app MyGrozBeckert.
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS?
We collect your personal data when you enter into contact with us, for example, as an interested person or customer. This can, for example, be when you are interested in our products or register for our online services, contact us through our communication channels or use our products or services as part of an existing business relation.
We process the following kinds of personal data:
- Information for personal identification
e.g. first and last name, address, e-mail address, phone number, fax number
- Order data
e.g. customer number, order number, invoice data
- Company-related data
e.g. corporate name, department, function, machines
- Data on your online behavior
e.g. IP addresses, user names, data about your visits to our website, Customer Portals or app, actions carried out on our website and in the Customer Portals, place of access
- Information about your interests and wishes, indicated by you
e.g. through our contact form or other communication channels
- Information about your professional background
e.g. professional training, previous employers, other qualifications
and other information comparable to these data categories.
- SENSITIVE DATA
Sensitive data, thus special categories of personal data like information on the religious confession or membership in a trade union, is not collected in this way.
- PERSONAL DATA OF MINORS
Personal data of minors is collected only if they open a customer account with us, register in our Career Portal, use our communication channels or app.
- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are files from our website or Customer Portals that are stored in your computer while you view a page. These files save information for a more efficient use of the page.
We use the web analysis service Matomo to analyze the user behavior on our website and in the Customer Portals. For this analysis the relevant information is transmitted to the Groz-Beckert server and is stored for the purpose of usage analysis. The usage analysis is used to optimize the own websites, Customer Portals, customer communication and publicity measures as well as for the purpose of market research.
Users who do not agree to the storage and analysis of their user data in context with their visit to our website can object to this storage and use at any time.
Your visit to this website is currently registered by Matomo web analytics. If you do not want your visit to be registered, please click here.
- FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND ON WHAT LEGAL BASIS?
- FULFILLMENT OF CONTRACT
We process your data to fulfill our contracts. This also applies to information you give us as part of correspondence exchanged prior to concluding a contract. The specific purposes of data processing depend on the relevant product and the request made and can also be used to analyze your demand and check which products and services can be right for you.
- FULFILLMENT OF CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIP
To fulfill our contractual relationship we need your name, address, phone number or e-mail address so that we can contact you.
- OFFERING OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
We also need your personal data to check if and which products and services we can offer you. For details about the respective purposes of data processing, please see the contract documents and our general terms and conditions.
- APPLICATION PROCESS
We process your data that you sent us as part of your application. This is done to check if your technical qualifications are suitable for the offered job. We use your information only for the application process. After conclusion of contract this information is stored in your personnel file. If we do not come to an agreement, your information is deleted or destroyed. We will not use your application information for any purpose other than the application process.
- AFTER WEIGHING OF INTERESTS: WE OPTIMIZE OUR SERVICES AND OFFER YOU SUITABLE PRODUCTS
- FOR STRENGTHENING AND OPTIMIZING THE CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP
As part of our efforts to continuously optimize our relationship with you, from time to time we ask you to participate in customer surveys. The results are used to better adjust our products and services to your needs.
- DATA PROCESSING AND ANALYSIS FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
Your requirements are important to us and we try to give you the information on products and services that is just right for you. For this purpose we use knowledge from our common business relationship as well as from market research. Our main target in doing so is the adjustment of our product proposals to your requirements. In this context we guarantee that your data is processed in accordance with the applicable data privacy act. Important: You can object to the use of your personal data for this purpose at any moment.
What exactly do we analyze and process?
- Results from our marketing activities to measure the efficiency and relevance of our campaigns;
- Information taken from your visits to our website and Customer Portals;
- We analyze the possible demand for our products and services.
On our website you can subscribe to our newsletter and the job agent. For the dispatch we only need your e-mail address. All other information is voluntary. Only after completion of the double opt-in process you will receive our newsletter. You get the job agent after completion of an opt-in process. You have the right to view your declaration of consent or unsubscribe from our newsletter at any moment. Corresponding links are implemented in each cover letter to our newsletter. If you unsubscribe from our newsletter, we will immediately delete your contact data from our newsletter distribution list.
The effectivity of an electronic consent like it is used for the newsletter subscription is subject to specific requirements by law. This includes the logging of your declaration of consent. For this reason we log the date and time of your consent, the text of the declaration of consent whether or not the check box was ticked, your e-mail address and all further voluntary data. We also log the date and time of the click on the confirmation link and the link in the confirmation e-mail. This data is collected only to comply with legal obligations.
After the relevant subscription through our Portals you can get e-mails including information on interesting exhibitions, news about Groz-Beckert, invitations to customer events, job postings, etc., tailored to your requirements. You have the right to object to these personalized notifications at any moment.
- MEASURES SERVING YOUR SECURITY
Among others, we use your personal data in the following cases:
- To protect you or your company from fraudulent activities, we analyze your data. This can be, for example, if your identity was stolen or if unauthorized persons gained access to your user account;
- To optimize the reliability of our web applications our IT support works with you in close contact in cases of technical problems. In this context we also analyze your logs in terms of site access, actions carried out, etc.;
- To guarantee IT security;
- To register and prove facts in cases of possible litigations.
- BASED ON YOUR CONSENT
If you have agreed to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes, we are authorized to process your data. You can revoke your consent at any time with respect to the future. This can be done by e-mail or mail without any cost other than base rate mailing expenses (cost of your Internet connection). The revocation does, however, not affect the rightfulness of the data processing prior to the revocation.
- BASED ON STATUTORY PROVISIONS OR PUBLIC INTEREST
As a company we are subject to all sorts of legal requirements (e.g. concerning tax legislation). To comply with our legal obligations, we process your personal data.
- WHERE DO WE TRANSFER DATA TO AND WHY?
- USE OF DATA INSIDE GROZ-BECKERT
Inside Groz-Beckert access to your data is granted exclusively to persons who need it for the purpose of compliance with contractual or legal obligations.
- USE OF DATA OUTSIDE GROZ-BECKERT
We respect the protection of your personal data and share information about you only if it is required by statutory regulations, you have given your consent or if it is required for the compliance with contractual obligations.
If legally required, it can be possible that we have to transfer your personal data to the following recipients:
- Public sector entities or controlling authorities, e.g. tax authorities, customs authorities;
- Judicial and law enforcement authorities, e.g. police, courts, prosecution;
- Lawyers or notaries, e.g. in cases of lawsuits
In compliance with our contractual obligations we cooperate with other companies:
- Transport service providers or forwarders;
- Organizers and school service providers, hotels and transport service providers, if you participate in exhibitions or events;
- Banks and financial service providers for the processing of all financial issues.
- Own service providers, etc.
For an efficient operation of our organization we resort to external service providers who might also get your personal data for the fulfillment of the described purposes, like IT service providers, print and telecommunication service providers collection agencies, consulting firms or distribution companies.
Important: We keep an eye on your personal data!
To ensure that the service providers stick to the same data protection standards we do, we concluded corresponding agreements for the order processing. Among others, these contracts regulate the following items:
- Third parties get access exclusively to the data they need for fulfilling the tasks assigned to them.
- At the service providers, only employees who explicitly undertook to comply with the data protection regulations, will get access to your data.
- The service providers comply with technical and organizational measures which guarantee data security and data protection.
- Handling of the data after termination of the business relation between the service provider and us.
When working with service providers based outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we take special security measures (e.g. special contract clauses) to ensure that the data is treated with the same discretion as inside the EEA. We regularly audit all our service providers to ensure that they comply with our rules:
Very important: In no event will we sell your personal data to third parties!
- USE OF DATA INSIDE THE GROZ-BECKERT GROUP
To provide you with the best possible service, from time to time, we interchange data inside the group. When doing so, we ensure that the applicable data protection regulations are complied with and that your personal data is duly protected at any moment.
For this reason we took relevant measures to ensure the compliance with data protection regulations inside the Groz-Beckert Group:
With the individual affiliates we signed corresponding agreements to ensure the protection of personal data interchanged inside the Groz-Beckert Group.
In accordance with these agreements and the applicable data privacy act we transfer personal data to our production and sales affiliates only for the purposes indicated in our data privacy statements. In doing so, we support our affiliates not only operatively but also in the compliance with the technical and organizational measures also used at our headquarters to guarantee the protection of your personal data. If possible, we protect your data by measures of pseudonymization or anonymization. If the affiliate is located outside the EEA, we take the relevant measures to guarantee that your personal data processed there is protected exactly like it is protected inside the EEA.
- ARE YOU OBLIGED TO PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In context with the business relation between you and Groz-Beckert, we need the following categories of personal data:
- All data required for starting or fulfillment of a business relation;
- Data required for fulfillment of contractual obligations;
- Data we are obliged to collect by law.
Without this data we are not in a position to conclude nor fulfill contracts with you.
In compliance with the applicable data protection regulations, we save your personal data no longer than required for the relevant purpose. If your data is no longer needed for the fulfillment of contractual or legal obligations, it is regularly deleted by us, except if its temporary storage is still necessary. This can be due to the following reasons:
- Compliance with duties to preserve records relating to commercial or tax law: Retention periods, primarily in accordance with the regulations of the commercial code and tax code, can be up to 10 years.
- As proof in case of litigation within the scope of the legal statutes of limitation: Civil law knows statutes of limitations of up to 30 years, with a regular prescription after 3 years.
- YOUR RIGHTS
The processing of your personal data also involves certain rights for you. For details, please see the relevant parts of the General Data Protection Regulation (articles 15 - 21).
- RIGHT TO DEMAND INFORMATION AND CORRECTION
You have the right to get information from us if and among others which of your personal data we process. Should this information be incorrect (or no longer correct), you can demand the correction of the data or addition of data if it is incomplete. If your data has been forwarded to third parties, we will inform the relevant third parties if this is allowed by law.
- RIGHT OF DELETION
Under the following conditions you can demand the immediate deletion of your personal data:
- If your personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for;
- If you have revoked your consent and if there is no other legal basis for the processing of your data;
- If you object to the processing and if there are no reasons of prime importance justifying the processing of the data;
- If your data has been wrongfully processed;
- If your personal data must be deleted to comply with legal obligations.
Please note that before deleting your data we have to check if there is no legitimate reason for the processing of your personal data.
- RIGHT OF LIMITATION OF THE PROCESSING ("RIGHT OF DISABLING")
You can demand a limitation of the processing of your personal data for one of the following reasons:
- If you dispute the correctness of the data until we had the opportunity to check the correctness of the data;
- If the data was wrongfully processed and you demand only a limitation of the use of your personal data instead of its deletion;
- If we no longer need the personal data for processing but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- If you objected to the processing and it has not yet been determined if your legitimate interests have priority to ours.
- RIGHT OF OBJECTION
- INDIVIDUAL CASE-RELATED RIGHT OF OBJECTION
If the processing is based on public interest or weighing of interests, you have the right to object to the processing for reasons of your specific situation. In such a case we will no longer process your personal data, unless we can give proof of compelling reasons, worth being protected, requiring the processing of your data that have priority over your interests, rights and liberties or if your data is required for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims. The objection does not affect the rightfulness of the data processing prior to the objection.
- OBJECTION IN TERMS OF ADVERTISING
In cases where we used your personal date for advertising efforts, you can object to this form of processing at any time. We will then no longer process your personal data for these purposes.
The objection can be informal and must be addressed to:
Data Protection Officer
- RIGHT OF DATA TRANSFERABILITY
You have the right to receive personal data that you have given to us for processing in a transferable and machine-readable format.
- RIGHT TO COMPLAIN TO A CONTROLLING AUTHORITY (ART. 77 GDPR)
We always try to answer your inquires and claims as quickly as possible to maintain your rights. Depending on the frequency of inquiries, however, it can happen that an information concerning your request takes up to 30 days. Should our answer take longer, we will promptly notify you of the reason for the delay and will discuss further steps with you.
In some cases we might not be able to give you an information. If permitted by law, we will let you know the reason why we cannot provide the desired information.
Should you still not be satisfied with our answers and reactions or if you are of the opinion that we go against the applicable data privacy act, you can file a complaint with our Data Protection Officer or with the responsible controlling authority. The controlling authority responsible for us is the regional commissioner for data protection and freedom of information Baden-Wurttemberg:
Landesbeauftragter für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Baden-Württemberg
Königstraße 10 a
Phone: +49 711 615541-0
Fax: +49 711 615541-15
This data privacy statement is effective February 2018. Registered customers will be informed about changes of the data protection regulation. Previous versions of the data protection regulation can be obtained on our website or from our Data Protection Officer.